There are different scenarios in which you can use AuditPlus auditory to audit your database tables, depending on where you want to place your auditory tables and where you want to run your backend web application. Each scenario will require different customization of AuditPlus installation.
Some example of the scenario you may be working with are:
- Everything local: You want to have all your KB tables and your auditory tables in the same database. Also, you want the web backend to run in the same web application of your transactions (web panels, workwiths, etc).
- Everything external: You don't want to mix neither the audit tables nor the web application with your KB objects. Auditory tables must be placed in an external database.
- Only local tables: You want to have all your KB tables and your auditory tables in the same database, but you won't be using the web backend to query the auditory data.
This means that to start using AuditPlus database auditory in your GeneXus KB you will have to start by setting up the the configuration.
Start by going to "tools -> AuditPlus -> Enable AuditPlus":
This will launch AuditPlus configuration wizard, allowing you to setup the different Auditory scenarios:
Local Audit tables
This option lets you decide if AuditPlus tables will be physically in the KB's local Database, or if they will be created in an external Database.
If you choose to setup local Audit tables, new tables will be added to the GeneXus Knowledge Base and therefore a reorganization wll be needed.
If you choose to setup external Audit tables, a new datastore will be added and you will need to configure the data store information.
Important: Some restrinctions may apply when using exeternal AuditPlus tables in each DBMS. Please check external tables requirements.
Backend web application
This option lets you choose if the web backend will be imported in the Knowledge Base, and which backend version is installed.
There are tree posible options:
- Based on WorkWithPlus pattern
- Based on WorkWith pattern
- Do not include
For more information on AuditPlus web application check the section: AuditPlus Web backend
Importing AuditPlus Objects
After selecting the options that suits best for your audtory scenario finish the setup by selecting "next". This will automaticaly start to import AuditPlus objects (according to what was selected in the wizard).
AuditPlus objects are created under the folder "AuditPlus".
After the import is done, you can start using AuditPlus funcionalities.